Cub Scout Programs
Schoepe Scout Reservation at Lost Valley offers a variety of year round activities and is available for your Cub Pack, Cub Den, Family, Church, or Corporate event. Your group can use the archery range, BB Range, canoe in the lake, or use the observatory to gaze at the stars. The Campmaster Corps will help staff the programs of your choice. Dates, prices, and availability vary so make plans early. So pack the car and come on down to experience some of the best weekend camping Southern California has to offer! Lost Valley is available to host events from March through October, pending weather conditions. This excludes late June-early August during the summer camp season.
For questions about year round programs, excluding summer camp please contact Head Campmaster, Travis Hill, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the facility use forms and Tour Planning Worksheets (required) here. If you have any further questions please call Toni in the Camping Department, at (714) 546-4990 ext. 136 or e-mail email@example.com.
Do you have a favorite photo(s) of yourself, buddies, Pack, or family, at SSRLV? Would you like to share your photo with everyone who visits our website? Then email your photo(s) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include your name, Pack number, year taken, and a description of the photo and you may see them posted online.
|Find out about year round Campmaster staff here. |
Webelos Cowboys Weekend: The Lost Valley Cowboys experience will give Webelos the opportunity to learn about and ride horses, shoot BB guns, and archery, and swim in the pool in a safe and beautiful wilderness environment.
Webelos will be able to complete requirements for the Horseback Riding Belt Loop and the Sports Pin. They will also have the opportunity to participate in BB shooting, Archery, and time in the pool (weather permitting.) Shooting will qualify scouts for Archery and BB Belt Loops.
Webelos: $90 – includes all program, riding time, bunk in a cabin, and 4 meals
Adults: $45- includes bunk in a cabin, 4 meals, and pool time
Early Bird Fees: Webelos: $80; Adults $40 if registered and paid prior to May 27, 2013
Webelos Cowboys Weekend: June 21-23, 2013
Memorial Day Holiday Family Camp: Bring your Pack, Den, or family to Memorial Day weekend family camp. All programs are open. Enjoy horse rides, BB Gun and Archery Shooting, nature programs, the pools, volleyball, horse shoes, mountain bikes, special activities for young campers and adults, and don’t forget the Big Tex Hay Ride. There is a movie night Saturday evening and the entertaining campfire Sunday evening.
2013 Memorial Day Family Camp: May 24-27, 2013
Cub packs and dens are encouraged to take advantage of open camping at Lost Valley. Tent camping or cabins are available, along with food service for groups of 50 or more. Programs such as archery, BB guns, nature hikes, and service projects can be provided.
Scout units camp use fee is $12.00 per person. This covers use of camp and access to restrooms and water. (Both are nearby if not in campsite). Campsite amenities include picnic table, kybo (pit toilet), water faucet, drinking fountain, flag pole and firepit. Fires are not permitted because of high fire danger. Flush toilets are located at in Camp Irvine at the showerhouse, Casey Lodge, and Frontier/Esperanza campsite kybo. Flush toilets are located in Camp Grace at the showerhouse, Beckman Hall, and the Meadowview/Leaning Pine/Tremblay Oaks kybo.
All building deposits are due at camp. All Building Fees are in addition to your camping and program fees.
- Log Cabins: $100.00 for 2 nights (includes heat and electrical); Eight (8) Bunks.
- $30.00 per cabin cleaning deposit. (Cabin fee is in addition to camp use fee.)
- Beckman Hall Conference Facilities: $175 + $300 cleaning deposit.
- Archery Range: $2.00 per person + $5.00 for lost arrows
- BB Gun Range: $1.00 per person.
- Observatory: $25.00 flat rate
- Conservation/Service Projects: No charge. Note: We will waive the camping fee for each participant of a service project when the entire group completes a minimum of a 4 hour project that is approved by the camp’s Property Manager. No program, cabin (bunk) or food fees will be waived for completion of the service project.
- Food Service (4 Meals): $30.00 per person (must be pre-arranged)
- Rock Climbing/Rappelling: $25.00 per person Minimum charge - $150.00. At the Rock Wall in Beckman Hall. Note: Webelos age and up only.
- Please Note: Cub Scouts can not participate in COPE activities both, High and Low Courses. Please see the Age-Appropriate Guidelines for Scouting Activities for more information.
Everything you need to know, including prices for facilities and
activities are contained in the Facility Use Forms. Prices are slighly
higher for Non-Scouting Groups. Download the SSRLV Scout Facility Use Form (PDF) or for non-Scout groups: Non-Scout Facility Use
Back to top